GTIF 2012 focused on three distinctive topic areas:
Simplified Global IP Valuation & Accounting Standards
Strategic Partner: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- What standards can be implemented without hindering market growth?
- Should standard accounting and public reporting requirements be developed for IP-based transactions?
- Can a central database of technology available for license or acquisition be created, including government-owned technology? Would such a database be useful?
Development of a Global Economic Marketplace for IP
Strategic Partner: World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Should GTIF 2012 organizations actively support emerging primary & derivative IP markets?
- How do we approach creating primary & derivative IP market standards?
- How does regulation play a part in market creation?
Transfer of IP & Technology to Developing Nations
Strategic Partners: International Chamber of Commerce & WIPO
- Should standard form contracts for cross-border technology transfer be prepared?
- Can an agreed-upon summary statement of governmental policy goals be reached?